Tuesday, September 4, 2007

More Ink

Saturday night we went out with Crystal's sister (Elizabeth) and her boyfriend to grab a bite to eat and get some new ink. Crystal and Elizabeth decided at the beach this summer that they would get matching tattoos on their feet. It would be Elizabeth's first and Crystal's fourth. They took some time to find what they wanted and eventually settled on the classic sparrow seen here.

You would think there was a national shortage on ink the way Elizabeth hounded Crystal for a firm date on when they would get their new foot art. Friday night wouldn't work because we were munching on tasty Vietnamese cuisine and catching a picture with Grant and Erin. Saturday afternoon didn't work either because we were helping some friends move. Saturday night worked out though so we set up a 7pm appointment and ventured into the city.

Elizabeth was up first, so there would be no way for her to back out. She had planned to only get the outline at first, but after toughing that out she was peer pressured into to getting the full color done as well. Crystal went second and much to Elizabeth's disappointment she was not cringing in pain the way Elizabeth had. After two hours on the ribs for her (still unfinished) last piece, a tattoo on the foot was child's play.

The two of them hobbled out River City at 10pmish and we went for what has now become a post tattoo tradition, ice cream. Stomachs full of reese's pieces sundays we went to Kroger to pick up tattoo care supplies for Elizabeth. Then it was back to our house to show her how to implement said care. The two of them still have swollen feet and complaints about wearing shoes, but their new tattoos look great and they may be closer for it.

After Crystal leap frogged me to get this newest ink, it has me planning my next one with quickness. I have been thinking about a quarter sleeve that would integrate my right arm and the tattoo I already have there. I am struggling for ideas though, I want to get a lily on the back of my arm and smoke to blend everything together, but I can't think of what else to use. More on this later I guess, as I really have no clue what else to include.

Oh and I'll include pictures of both of their tattoos as soon as I take them. So soonish I guess.

No comments: