Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween in the office

While I love dressing up for Halloween no one we hang out with does the costume party thing. Maybe we need cooler friends or maybe we can put off rearranging our friendships for costumed personal gain since I get my fix at the office. Every year my company holds a costume contest for individuals, groups and combined group and department decoration. They also have a Halloween breakfast for all the employees. In years past we have done Austin Powers, Harry Potter, Thriller, Titanic and the circus just to name a few. This year was no different, after much email tag back and forth we decided to do a time machine into our companies past.

We decorated our department entrance to look like a time machine with one of our salesman playing the role of Doc Brown style mad scientist, who would lead the judges back through time. We did a homage to different time periods, product lines and departments in each cubical. I played the geeky IT guy complete with open computers and bundles of wires. My outfit wasn't as outlandish as others and my cubical wasn't the most decorated, but I spent most of my time on the time machine entrance and other decorations.

Our department ended up winning best overall and tickets for everyone to the movies. Below are some of the pictures from the days events. We had a great time!
Our Time Machine
Our Mad Scientist
Martial Arts Insurance
Outdoor InsuranceMotorcycle InsuranceUmbrella Insurance

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can see why your team won!! I wish I could dress up for Halloween at work :(