Monday, July 2, 2007

SNEScade Part 1

So after to listening to the back catalog of benheck.com podcast for the past two weeks I learned two things...

1. I want to start some sort of project with my old SNES that is currently just collecting dust.

and

2. Ben and Jones don't really talk about Ben's portables, but they are some funny ass dudes.

Now that I had the motivation it was time to point it in a direction. While a portable seems really freaking cool I don't have the money to invest in parts at the moment. I do however have a full arcade controls kit sitting around from a MAME cabinet project I never actually started.

After dissembling my poor SNES beyond repair on Friday night.
[pic coming soon]
I started drawing some ideas for the look of the box in sketchup on Saturday afternoon.
[pic coming soon]
Sunday was a trip to Lowes for MDF and a lesson in the weight of MDF, by "lesson" I mean its heavy.
[pic coming soon]

I am hoping to get started on the layout of the SNEScade this week and will gladly share my progress as soon as I get the photos loaded. While I'm sharing I should point anyone reading this to the sites that I am using as a reference currently.

SNES RCA Mod
Wiring Guide
Another Wiring Guide

No comments: